Blockchain-based communications protocols could be a big theme for 2023
HiveToday #54 - January 22nd, 2023
Happy Lunar New Year!, to those of you who celebrate. It’s been another great week in Hiveland. We have a beautiful new DEX site built by a community dev and witness. A new learning platform is on its way. Hivers in Venezuela continue to use Hive and HBD at local businesses.
There’s a lot of talk on Twitter these days about new blockchain-based communications protocols. I think that could be a big theme for 2023. And I think we take for granted the basic features built into the Hive protocol that allow everyone to broadcast messages and send encrypted memos for almost no cost.
Hive Project Updates
- Madhiyari announces Hivedex.io - a new interface for the internal Hive/HBD market
- HiveKings team announces dLearn learning platform on Hive
- LeoFinance V6 Geyser Update
- SuperHive 0.5.0 release: new fixes and new features
- 3Speak team announces 3Speak v2.0
- Ecency Mobile adds wallet support for Hive-Engine tokens, and introduces Premium accounts
Hive Community Updates
- Announcing a mini-documentary about the Hive Rally Team
- DHF: Value Plan in Review: Transactions
- HivePH: January Blogging Challenge!
- Venezuela: HIVE and HBD are accepted as payment methods. Today I paid for my breakfast with HBD
About Hive Today
Hive Today is an unofficial news zine for the decentralized Hive network. It provides a news digest for the community and helps radiate information about great things happening around Hive.
Hive is a decentralized network built on the Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) protocol. This network is home to a wide variety of decentralized apps (dApps), including social media and games. These apps depend on Hive’s information-sharing capabilities, secure account layer, and fast and feeless blockchain operations.