The Plant Based Challenge 👨🏿🍳 Week #30 👩🍳 Come Join Us!!
Hello all, it's @justinparke here! Welcome to the same ole' Plant Based Challenge, but in our new community! Not much has changed at all, except if you'd like to earn LOTUS for your posts, you'll now need to use the tag #lotus instead of #naturalmedicine.
First of all, a few changes - the challenge post and the wrap up will be in the ONE post this time. We also have a nice few delegations coming in, so our upvote is starting to grow. If you'd like to support #vegan #plantbased content in this community, us plant powered folk would all appreciate it!
The latest Plant-Based Weekly Cooking Challenge features a new set of ingredients for the week ahead's challenge!
Plant-Based Cooking Challenge
🥦🌽🍉 WEEK #30 🍈🍅🥜
The participation this week was greater than last week, and it's very safe to say the quality is up this week also. It was nearly impossible to choose a winner this week, as three of our heavyweights all submitted absolutely delectable entries. That's not all though, there were more delicious entries that I wasn't able to feature in this post.
Plant Power Cooking ChallengeHIVE rewards sponsored by @plantstoplanks
Week #29 Winner(s)
The first thing I must say about this dish is that it is absolutely beautiful! Get out of the way Shepherd's Pie, Krompiruša has stolen the limelight. You can't see what's inside from the above thumbnail, but hopefully the post's title gives you a hint. This is flaky and savory masterpiece, and it needs to be on my table as soon as possible. I think every neighborhood in the world deserves a Serbian bakery.
Congratulations @blackberryskunk! You are the winner of 6 HIVE.
2nd & 3rd Prize Winners
Croquettes, or korokke if you're Japanese, are an amazingly simple but delicious fried snack, almost always containing mashed potatoes as the core ingredient. They are battered in panko and fried to perfection. I have always preferred the Japanese version over the European style, but now it looks like Indonesia is going to rule the croquette kingdom. Thanks @aswita for sharing this dish with us.
Last but not least are some lovely potato skins from our Canadian chef @carolynstahl. In both the USA and Canada, potato skins are typically covered in melted cheese and crushed crispy bacon bits, but this chef reimagined things in a more Mexican way, and I must say hers are way more appealing than any restaurant potato skins I've ever seen.
Week #29 Ingredients/Styles:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Plant Power (Vegan) Community and use any other tag(s) such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodie, as your secondary tags.
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #lotus tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
1st prize is 6 HIVE 2nd prize is 3 HIVE 3rd prize 1 HIVE
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get reblogged, tweeted, and even tipped!
How to Be Curated by PLANT POWER
Use the tags #lotus #vegan #plantbased
Post in the Plant Power Community
Ensure your recipes are plant based - although we don't preach any diets, this curation would like to focus on plants rather than dairy or meat additions to recipes.
Use clear, well focussed photographs - and ORIGINAL content!